Upgrading Processor - How to do it properly?

Alles rund um PC, Internet, E-Books & Co.
Antworten
Scott104

Upgrading Processor - How to do it properly?

Beitrag von Scott104 »

Hi everyone!

I'm upgrading my processor from a Ryzen 1600 to a Ryzen 5600. Both come with their own stock cooling fans, so I can say that I will be upgrading the fans as well in the process.

As I've never done this before, is there anything I should be aware of before making the upgrade-aroo?

Thank you!

Edit#1: Turns out I have a MSI B350 motherboard. Will have to order that too.

Edit#2: In short will also be upgrading my motherboard to an MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge.....sigh, there goes being cost-conscious

Edit#3: In summary, I dungun goofed, didn't do the proper research when looking for a new CPU thinking if it's AM4 my B350 mobo would support it.

As I had already ordered and have the CPU, I will go ahead and update my mobo, to a B550, just because I'm fine with spending a bit more on it, and at the very least my LPX 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 is compatible with the new mobo, which is something.

I know that I could return the new CPU and downgrade to a 3600 for example, and save myself a lot of trouble. But I'm fine with doing a bigger upgrade than anticipated.

Will also get a Thermalright Macho Rev.C 140 mm Cooler, cause it appears good enough and will be able to cool the 5600x as intended.

Again thanks to everyone who commented and provided insight. Lesson most definitely learned the hard way.
Antworten